iOS phone restarting when started?
A new attack disables the iOS ability to work due to being hit by malformed Wi-Fi packets. Clever work isn’t it? You can see a video in this Ars article about the bug.
This doesn’t happen with iOS 8.3 so be sure to update. It is disappointing that something like this exists. Apple seems to avoid testing things like it once did. It used to be that when you had an Apple it was so reliable that you couldn’t crash it. I remember trying to crash my Apple II at school randomly pressing buttons. I couldn’t make it crash.
With each version of the Apple software things got more complex and more likely to crash. I was disgusted with OS 7-9 and the stupid extension troubleshooting. The mac has never been perfect, but what the normal person could understand has not been understandable by the common person for at least a decade.
- Guy defends his car worth $500 and loses two toes
- Is posting at the Apple Support Communities (Discussion/forum) site worth it?
- Calling one iPhone called another
- Stories from My Past: Be careful what you ask for
- Support makes all the difference